Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day fun!






















We had such a fun time at my Mom and Dad's yesterday.She put on a Pioneer Party.My Mom and Dad dressed up as Pioneers that my Mom homemade the costumes.She also made all of us girls Bonnets and all the boys wore a hankerchief around there necks like pioneers.We made our own butter and scones.We taught the kids how to play jacks and marbles.My Dad taught the kids how to rope his homemade bull cut-outs.My Mom taught the girls how to make their own Ragdoll.We had fried chicken,dutchoven beans,watermelon and potato salad.My Mom read a pioneer story to everyone called "Betsy Buttons".My Mom and Dad also hired a "Caller" who taught us several square dances!So much fun!We had rootbeer floats with homemade vanilla icecream.Then we walked down my Mom and Dads street for a spectacular fireworks show put on by a neighbor who owns his own fireworks stand. I have never seen such cool fireworks that you can buy(they are the more expensive ones.=) )I am so grateful to my Parents for putting so much effort into the Pioneer Party.It was neat to get a taste of how the pioneers use to live. I love you Mom and Dad!!

2 comments:

Janna said...

You must have great parents. Looked like a lot of fun!

Maryann said...

Thanks, Janna. They are the BEST!